A new update for Shadowrun Online has just arrived, filled to the brim with new features, improvements and fixes. As already announced, this one brings Character Customization as well as Random Coop, but there is a lot more to discover, so be sure to check it out!
Here are the patch notes:
- Character customization: Design your own Character, choose a name, metatype (currently Ork and Human are available), gender, outfit, weapons and a second character to accompany you on your Shadowrun!
- Your Avatar in missions: All missions are now played with your self-designed Character, accompanied by the chosen henchman.
- Random Coop: Don’t want to play solo anymore? With Random Coop you can play a random mission with another, randomly-selected player instead of your henchman.
- Fatigue: Magical attacks now cause a fixed amount of “Fatigue”, which regenerates at one point per turn – so be careful not to spam spells or you won’t be able to cast at a critical moment!
- Immunities: Some enemies are now immune to certain types of damage, so make sure to adapt your tactics accordingly! No more manabolts against cameras!
- Second Weapon: The second weapon of a character is now visible on the characters’ back.
- Updated UI: The user interface has been updated, allowing easier switching between characters by clicking on their portraits.
- Shortcuts: By popular demand we have added several shortcuts:
- Select next character: TAB
- Directly select player characters: F1,F2,F3
- Skills: 1,2,3,4,5,6
- Reload: R
- Move camera to active agent: Space
- End Turn: Backspace or End
- Updated Main menu: We have cleaned up the main menu:
- “Player Character” opens the Character customization screen
- “Campaign” starts the latest unlocked mission
- “Daily mission” starts the currently available daily mission, these change after a certain amount of time.
- “Play Coop mission” starts looking for a partner to play a Coop mission
- “Player vs. Player” queues you for a PvP-match
- “Mission Archive” opens a list of all already played missions, allowing you to replay them.
- Sound Effects: Mission completion and failure now have an appropriate sound.
- Auto-Reload: Weapon switching now occurs only through selecting a skill, a click on the other weapon automatically switches and reloads.
- Character Shader: Characters now have self-illumination and a rim shader.
- New Animations: Female walk animations and customisation scene idles have been added.
- Fixed an issue with floor decoration that overlapped the movement marker
- Camera gets centered on a character if he is selected using their character portrait
- Fixed an issue where activating hotspots was blocked by a character standing in front of it.
- Opened body drawers provide half cover now
- Fixed a typo in the mission debriefing displayed after finishing ‘Damsel in Distress’
- The ‘Skip Turn’ button shows an appropriate tool-tip
- The movement range delimiter in daily mission levels is displayed above dirt layers and objects for better visibility
- Fixed a gap in the wall of two daily mission levels
- It’s no longer possible to move the camera outside of the scene in several resolutions in mission 02
- Improved weapon switch animation so it doesn’t look “jumpy” anymore.
- Logo has been removed from the main menu
- Fixed an issue where Bri’s gun had to be reloaded despite the fact that there was still ammunition left
- Audio sliders in the options menu behave correctly now
See you in the game, Chummers!
GET IT NOW ON STEAM (PC / MAC):