- To use many of the features of Cliffhanger Productions Products you will need to open an account by choosing a username and password.
- To enable us to provide a better customer support service we may also ask you to provide contact information including: your name, email address, postcode and country, and to provide a number of security questions which we can use to verify your identity if you require assistance in the future. (Note that the questions and the answers you provide are up to you. You may opt-out of providing some of this information but it will limit the availability or effectiveness of our support service if you do.)
- We may give you the option of supplying your email address so we can contact you in the future with email newsletters about our games, including new game features and special offers.
What other information is collected and stored?
We generate and store logs indicating usage of our websites such as activity in our games and public and private chat communications. This includes monitoring play patterns and anti-tamper checks which verify the correct internal operation of our software and are designed to spot abusive or inappropriate activities.
We may track your use of certain features and areas of our websites to help us improve them.
We store ‘save game’ and ‘game settings’ information to enable us to provide a better games service in which your activities and achievements are remembered in the game, and we conduct polls to find better ways of serving the needs of our users.
What happens to the information provided/collected?
The information we collect may be used:
- To process your payment for membership subscriptions or other goods or services ordered on our site or to fulfill such orders.
- To provide our customer support service, and to verify any claims or requests you make if you use our customer support service.
- To enforce our terms and conditions and prevent or detect hacking activities, security breaches or safety risks in connection with our websites.
- To aggregate information to generate anonymous statistics regarding use of our websites. We may share this anonymous information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- For our own internal marketing and demographic studies and to help us improve our websites or to show you adverts on our site which are relevant to your demographic profile.
- To disclose information to the extent required by law, court order, as requested by other government, regulatory or law enforcement authority, to protect or assist in protecting our users, systems or the public, or to otherwise enforce legal rights as determined in our sole and absolute discretion.
- If you have agreed on our websites, to send you email newsletters about our games, including new game features and special offers.