Release Notes Beta 1.2.0
Jeff HBS ( Administrator HBS Dev )
rank: Innocent Bystander
Version 1.2.0 contains our new and improved save game functionality, including the ability to save in the middle of scenes.
BEFORE ACCESSING THIS BETA, PLEASE BACK UP ANY SAVE FILES AND UGC CONTENT (just in case). We’ve gone through extensive testing internally, but if you encounter a problem we haven’t found, you’ll want your old save game files so you can recover.
Backing up save files and UGC (Steps 4-5 are for UGC creators only)
1) Create a folder to store backup of save files (anywhere is fine).
2) Click here to locate save files for your operating system.
3) Copy any files into your backup directory created in Step #1.
4) Locate “working copy” of content packs for your operating system.
5) Copy the entire “ContentPacks” folder into your backup directory created in Step #1.
We have begun public beta testing for the next update. This is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, but if you'd like to try out the latest and greatest before it's available to the rest of the world, here's how you can participate:
1) Go to Steam Library
2) Right click on Shadowrun Returns
3) Select Properties
4) Select Betas
5) Then a drop down says: "Select the beta you would like to opt into"
6) Choose: Public Beta
You should see some 'updating' traffic as Steam fetches new files for Shadowrun Returns.
If you ever want to opt out of the Public Beta and return to the normal public build that everyone else has, you can repeat the process above and choose NONE from the drop down list.
Before reporting a bug please read the know issues section of this post, if you are unable to find a bug listed that matches what you are experiencing then leave a comment in this thread. Include as many details about the bug including the steps you took to produce this bug.
Release Notes Beta 1.2.0
New Features, Improvements
- [Save] Added ability to save game at any point on the player’s turn! You can access this using several places in the game:
-PDA via “Save” option
-“Quick Save” feature currently bound to the ‘F5’ key while in game.
-“Save and Quit” when exiting the game.
- [Save] GM’s can initiate an autosave via trigger in Editor. This does not create a ‘rewind’ point, but will allow players to return to it in the case of death or quitting without saving.
- [Save] Game over screen now allows to load from last save.
- [Save] Hardcore mode added that will disable save-at-any-point functionality: autosaves will still be performed during scene transition and at GM initiated points (however, all other methods of saving will be disabled for this game slot).
- [Save] ‘F9’ hotkey added to quick-open load menu from PDA.
For more information on new features please click here!
For more information on current bug fixes please click here!
- [Resolved] Barrier spells last for incorrect duration
- [Resolved] Selecting create new save will overwrite the active save
- [Resolved] Hiring list is missing from Telestrian Office run
- [Resolved] Environmental vfx not clearing between levels/saves
- [Resolved] Nuyen sometimes increases when a save is loaded (new)
- [Resolved] Hireling duplicate for Telestrian Office run (new)
- [Resolved] Lonestar in final scene are not passive (new)
- [Resolved] Nuyen can be reset upon rewind (new)
- [Resolved] Story variables can sometimes be dropped from save file (new)
- [Resolved] AI set to Patrol in freemove cause Player to wait (new)
- [Resolved] Chainshot does not hit all targets (new)
- [Resolved] Zoom constraints can be broken
- [Resolved] Installing Cyberware adds more HP then it should
- [Resolved] Camera pan during combat is slow
- [Resolved] Conversation options can lock out
- Health for IC is inconsistent in Editor vs in Game
- IC may have bloated HP due to inconsistent values
- Hiring roster may be missing story characters (Coyote, Shanon Half-Sky)