Release Notes Beta 1.2.0

• Jeff HBS

Jeff HBS (Administrator)

score: 0

IMPORTANT!
    Version 1.2.0 contains our new and improved save game functionality, including the ability to save in the middle of scenes.
    BEFORE ACCESSING THIS BETA, PLEASE BACK UP ANY SAVE FILES AND UGC CONTENT (just in case). We’ve gone through extensive testing internally, but if you encounter a problem we haven’t found, you’ll want your old save game files so you can recover.

Backing up save files and UGC (Steps 4-5 are for UGC creators only)
    1) Create a folder to store backup of save files (anywhere is fine).
    2) Click here to locate save files for your operating system.
    3) Copy any files into your backup directory created in Step #1.
    4) Locate “working copy” of content packs for your operating system.
    5) Copy the entire “ContentPacks” folder into your backup directory created in Step #1.

We have begun public beta testing for the next update. This is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, but if you'd like to try out the latest and greatest before it's available to the rest of the world, here's how you can participate:
    1) Go to Steam Library
    2) Right click on Shadowrun Returns
    3) Select Properties
    4) Select Betas
    5) Then a drop down says: "Select the beta you would like to opt into"
    6) Choose: Public Beta

You should see some 'updating' traffic as Steam fetches new files for Shadowrun Returns.
    If you ever want to opt out of the Public Beta and return to the normal public build that everyone else has, you can repeat the process above and choose NONE from the drop down list.

REPORTING BUGS
    Before reporting a bug please read the know issues section of this post, if you are unable to find a bug listed that matches what you are experiencing then leave a comment in this thread. Include as many details about the bug including the steps you took to produce this bug.

Release Notes Beta 1.2.0

New Features, Improvements

• [Save] Added ability to save game at any point on the player’s turn! You can access this using several places in the game:
      -PDA via “Save” option
      -“Quick Save” feature currently bound to the ‘F5’ key while in game.
      -“Save and Quit” when exiting the game.
    • [Save] GM’s can initiate an autosave via trigger in Editor. This does not create a ‘rewind’ point, but will allow players to return to it in the case of death or quitting without saving.
    • [Save] Game over screen now allows to load from last save.
    • [Save] Hardcore mode added that will disable save-at-any-point functionality: autosaves will still be performed during scene transition and at GM initiated points (however, all other methods of saving will be disabled for this game slot).
    • [Save] ‘F9’ hotkey added to quick-open load menu from PDA.
      For more information on new features please click here!

Bug Fixes

For more information on current bug fixes please click here!

Known Issues

• [Resolved] Barrier spells last for incorrect duration
    • [Resolved] Selecting create new save will overwrite the active save
    • [Resolved] Hiring list is missing from Telestrian Office run
    • [Resolved] Environmental vfx not clearing between levels/saves
    • [Resolved] Nuyen sometimes increases when a save is loaded (new)
    • [Resolved] Hireling duplicate for Telestrian Office run (new)
    • [Resolved] Lonestar in final scene are not passive (new)
    • [Resolved] Nuyen can be reset upon rewind (new)
    • [Resolved] Story variables can sometimes be dropped from save file (new)
    • [Resolved] AI set to Patrol in freemove cause Player to wait (new)
    • [Resolved] Chainshot does not hit all targets (new)
    • [Resolved] Zoom constraints can be broken
    • [Resolved] Installing Cyberware adds more HP then it should
    • [Resolved] Camera pan during combat is slow
    • [Resolved] Conversation options can lock out
    • Health for IC is inconsistent in Editor vs in Game
    • IC may have bloated HP due to inconsistent values
    • Hiring roster may be missing story characters (Coyote, Shanon Half-Sky)

• Drako (Member)

Congrats. Sounds great. Downloading this right now.

Any word on the HP bug? I 'll test this out tonight.

• Whelp

Whelp (Member)

Fix barrier spells also plz.

http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/37037/barrier-spells-broken#Item_12

• Max2k (Member)

No russian language? Again? I am very upset. :(

• Jeff HBS

Jeff HBS (Administrator)

First of all I would like to thank you all for bringing these issues to our attention. I have been able to reproduce the described issue with barriers, and we will patch out the fix into the current beta branch when available.

Thank you in advance for all your patience as we figure things out.

Edit: I have added a known issues section to this post to keep track of issues that have been reported and confirmed.

• John HBS

John HBS (Administrator)

The Russian language support requires a couple of additional steps versus the French, Italian, or Spanish.

Beyond the increased time the localization team must take to ensure a quality translation, there are also additional test considerations for font and UI changes to accomodate Cyrillic letters.

More info: http://steamcommunity.com/app/234650/discussions/0/648814841508801957/#c648814841521141641

• Max2k (Member)

Quote from John HBS:

The Russian language support requires a couple of additional steps versus the French, Italian, or Spanish.

Beyond the increased time the localization team must take to ensure a quality translation, there are also additional test considerations for font and UI changes to accomodate Cyrillic letters.

More info: http://steamcommunity.com/app/234650/discussions/0/648814841508801957/#c648814841521141641

Thanks for the answer. I will be waiting for the news. And what about russian language in Dragonfall?

• McDougle

McDougle (Face)

score: 5770

1.2.0 sounds delicious. :D

Let me assume DragonFall will fall upon us once it is properly tested. ;)

• Palanthis (Member)

Not sure if you have time to fix this for 1.2, but at least if you can read some thoughts on cyberware problems, i'd be glad

http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/37353/cyberware-problems#Item_1

• Jeff HBS

Jeff HBS (Administrator)

@Palanthis,

Cyberware is currently working as designed. See my comment on your post/wiki with a detailed explanation.

• Whelp

Whelp (Member)

The cyberware HP bug still isn't fixed.

My human samurai keeps gaining HP every time I change to a new scene.

He has 1 cyberarm and 1 leg. I didn't check the math exactly, but on scene change he seems to gain the bonus hp granted by that cyberware on top of what he should normally have. His HP resets to normal once you return to the Seamstress' Union in DMS though.

http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/35137/1-1-0-hit-points-bugs-2-problems#Item_19

• Palanthis (Member)

Seems cyberware is NOT working as designed, as you can see on my post (other players talk about it better than me there).

• hkoehler (Member)

Playing on linux (Ubuntu 12.04):

• After updating to 1.2.0 beta, the Deadman's Switch module disappeared, instead Dragonfall (and several test modules) were added. Dragonfall allowed character creation but failed to load first scene. Testing on replayable Deadman's Switch UGC from Steam Workshop.

• After visiting the load screen without loading anything, the main menu continue button is disabled.

• During SPIRIT TALK run, Shannon can take unlimited move actions without using up action points. Other actions reduce APs as expected.

• During DNA sample matrix run (no jack, using Johnny Clean only), all sentries seem to have hidden bonus HPs - their HP bars only start reducing after several hits have landed.

• Glitch during matrix combat where a fairly distant sentry returned fire before Johnny's shot landed (animation still running) and killed that sentry. Was the last action of Johnny's turn.

Note: Cannot confirm the cyberware essence bug described here: Installing a 0.5 and 1.5 cost item in separate sessions (even with save & load game in between) leaves me with 4 essence as expected.

Update:

• Matrix issues above (bonus hp and early attack) also observed during other matrix runs.

• During Telestrian office run (having completed the Renraku run first), no hirelings other than Dodger were available.

• Firewalls created during Matrix runs look ok but rarely deal damage to ICs passing through them.

• Bivoj (Member)

Playing in Win7; my first walkthrough of the game (playing Daed Man Switch) Bug description: I play for the class using drones (equiped with the doberman drone from the start of the game) When I enter The Royale Appartements (i.e. level of the same name is loaded), Paco becomes another Doberman Drone. So, my avatar is being followed by 2 doberman drones inside the appartements and when Paco is supposed to speak, the drone is speaking instead (even a picture of the drone is visible instead of Paco's face). In combats I can use only 1 doberman drone and "Paco drone" is not helping (when I first tried the game with a Shaman, I could use Paco as another unit in combats). Paco remains the Drone even after going upstairs in the Appartement.

I have tried to play the Pike Marketplace level another time from the begining, skipping all the sidequest (even the talking with Dresden etc.), but the same bug occured (Paco morfed into the Drone after loading The Royale Appartemetns).

I have even tried to upset the punks next to the door to the Appertements and left them to destroy my drone, but again - Paco morfed into the Drone just after the level was loaded.

• Jeff HBS

Jeff HBS (Administrator)

As the next beta patch just went live I have updated the change log with the fixes patched in, so update your game and keep on testing!

• hkoehler (Member)

Matrix HPs/IPs are still bugged. Also would be nice to actually be able to see them (max and current, e.g. on mouse-over).

• Dodger gets hit for 100 IP damage, heals 39 and the green IP bar is on full again.

• Black IC hits him for 39 real damage (14 + 25 vuln) and it kills him when he had 60 HP left.

• Rititavi (Member)

After I have download this update I discovered that all my mission items dissapeared in any save. So have to returned back to last version. Could it be fixed?

• RC

RC (Administrator)

score: 78

find your save files, copy them to a different directory, reinstall Steam & SRR, then replace the save files. See if that works? - remember to let the Steam cloud saves sync first.

• Rititavi (Member)

I will try, thanks!

• Jeff HBS

Jeff HBS (Administrator)

@RITITAVI, can you email your save file that has had the items disappear to info@hbs-studios.com? Please include a description of the items that you are missing and where you encountered this issue.

@HKOEHLER, Thank you for bringing this information to light, I will look into this issue further.

• Jeff HBS

Jeff HBS (Administrator)

Good news everyone! The next Beta patch has just gone live, and with it Chinese language support has been added! The original post has been updated with the new fixes, known issues, and features added. Make sure to check that out and keep on testing!

• RC

RC (Administrator)

score: 78

[Resolved] Barrier spells last for incorrect duration <- Resolved? WOOHOOO!! ^_^

• Rititavi (Member)

Quote from RC:

find your save files, copy them to a different directory, reinstall Steam & SRR, then replace the save files. See if that works? - remember to let the Steam cloud saves sync first.

I reinstalled Steam & SRR and did all other things, but mission items list is still empty in 1.2.0 RC3 patch and reappeared when I'm going back to 1.1.2.

• Rititavi (Member)

Quote from Jeff HBS:

@RITITAVI, can you email your save file that has had the items disappear to info@hbs-studios.com? Please include a description of the items that you are missing and where you encountered this issue.

I have sent the letter with save file and problem description. Will be very thankful for any feedback.

• andanteinblue (Member)

Just loaded up an old saved game, on the Telestrian Industries level (objective to search their accounting system). All my teammates load with 47483625 AP, (mouse over says they have a large negative number of AP) and their turn never comes up during combat. I would try rewinding to an early save, but hitting rewind doesn't seem to do anything.

Starting up a new save, and everything works fine though.

• Max2k (Member)

What about russian language in beta? When you can to add it?

• Bivoj (Member)

The same bug as I noted above occured in Universal Brotherhood; when entering into Inner Circle, instead of the team (Coyote + 2 mercs) I have 2 drones. 1 is the "real one" and the other is "representing" Coyote (but not playable in battles).

• Jeff HBS

Jeff HBS (Administrator)

@BIVOJ, Can you send the save file that has the described issue to info@hbs-studios.com? Make sure that Beta 1.2 is in the email title and a description of the issue and how you encountered/reproduced this issue.

Thank you very much!

• hkoehler (Member)

After the latest update, the matrix issues (incorrect hidden HPs/firewalls not working) have disappeared (after I restart the level - loading from mid-level savegame from previous version still has ICs and Dodger with wrong HPs).

However, I noticed another bug: If first casting Haste III on my main character (by someone else), and then my main character uses stride, the haste effect is cancelled. If you use stride first followed by Haste III, stride is cancelled.

Also, when a character has used up all his actions, then someone casts haste III on them, he suddenly has full APs (3) instead of one. If I recall correctly that's not new to the beta version though.

• Bivoj (Member)

e-mail with saves has been sent.

• castuslumen (Member)

I'm still experiencing the bug where only Dodger is listed on the Runner list for the Telestrian mission. I first noticed this problem before the last patch and I hoped it would be fixed afterward. No such luck. I did submit a bug report but am concerned it was shrugged off as an old problem. For reference, I bought the game through Steam. I've removed and downloaded the game more than once, including just moments ago. The problem persists. I've also tried the Debug "refreshHiring" code. It does not fix it, but oddly adds Coyote to the list.

Any help would be appreciated, I do really enjoy the game.

• Jeff HBS

Jeff HBS (Administrator)

@CASTUSLUMEN, I have been unable to reproduce the issue you are describing. Can you please verify that you have the latest version of the beta (You should be on version 1.2.0 RC3) and then if the problem persists then can you enter into Debug mode via "ctrl"+"f1" or "alt"+"~" and then click on the "Dump" button when you have the hiring screen up, then send the created files (all created files will start with a timestamp followed by: capture.png, console.txt, and LogFile.txt) to info@hbs-studios.com.

@BIVOJ, Thank you very much for your help collecting information and for testing the new save feature!

• castuslumen (Member)

I have just done as requested. I'm definitely using the latest version (1.2.0 RC3 was in the character window) and used the Dump command. There were four files with the same time stamp, I sent them all. I included my forum name (Castuslumen) in the subject, in case you have spam filters.

• Jeff HBS

Jeff HBS (Administrator)

Good news everyone! The next patch Beta 1.2.0: Release Candidate 4 has just gone live! Please ensure that you have the most up to date version and continue testing!

• Gholyus (Member)

Hi Jeff

I'm having the same problem as CASTUSLUMEN. I did the Renku mission first and am using Beta 1.2.0. RC4. Only Dodger shows up on the hiring screen for Telestrian mission and "refreshHiring" adds Coyote to the mix but that's it. I've reloaded and tried several times but nothing changes. I will also use the "Dump" command and send those files to info@hbs-studios.com.

As a side note: I had a problem with the "quick save" in the Renku mission and in the union afterwards. Upon using the quicksave, my character just freezes in place and won't move or perform any action. I can still open menu's and whatnot, I just can't do anything. The first time this happened in Renku, the save option was greyed out and I got a strange message in red saying "Cannot save while in action." Nothing I did could change this and I was stuck. However, on subsequent occurrences of this "bug," the save option was available but when trying to load saves occuring after the "freeze point," the map would stop loading at about 80% done and I would have to ctl+alt+del out of it. I'm passed that point in the game now (just don't use quick save anymore), but I can go back and try to recreate/dump and email that to you as well. Let me know. thanks

• Gholyus (Member)

REPOST: (didn't seem to post my first paragraph properly)

I'm having the same problem as CASTUSLUMEN. I did the Renku mission first and am using Beta 1.2.0. RC4. Only Dodger shows up on the hiring screen for Telestrian mission and "refreshHiring" adds Coyote to the mix but that's it. I've reloaded and tried several times but nothing changes. I will also use the "Dump" command and send those files to info@hbs-studios.com.

• andanteinblue (Member)

Cannot start game after the update. Fails with Application load error P:00000065432. The error window then closes automatically, to be replaced with a steam error window: "Shadowrun Returns failed to start (error code 80)."

Edit: Problem seems to have fixed itself. However, previous problem persists. Cannot Rewind. Hitting "Restart level" sends me to a character creation screen.

• hkoehler (Member)

I've noticed several times now that reinforcements arrive in the middle of my combat turn, also causing opponents already here to suddenly act. E.g. during the initial flashback scene, I take one shot at a guy (killing him), then reinforcements arrive and one of the surviving NPCs attacks, then I get to finish the rest of my turn. Also observed previously (earlier beta version) during the final chapter where the bugs break out of the walls.

• Kanada10

Kanada10 (Member)

Newest branch: all my saved character templates cause a protobuff error:

Error parsing text-format isogame.Character:101:0 Message type "isogame.Vunerabilities" has no field named "pierce".

Has pierce (and crush?) vulnerability been removed from the game or is this an error?

• Bivoj (Member)

It seems, that the issue with drones is solved now. At least in Royale Appartements - Paco is present. I cannot verify Beneath the Brotherhood, because another bug occured:

when letting my team into the kitchen in Universal Brotherhood (opening the door there), they are stucked outside, not following me and after entering Beneath the Brotherhood, I am wthout the team. Strange is, that the security camera in the enterence to Inner Circle is asking me, who are the people with me (but nobody is following me at the moment).

• Phinx

Phinx (Member)

Quote from Kanada10:

Newest branch: all my saved character templates cause a protobuff error:

Error parsing text-format isogame.Character:101:0 Message type "isogame.Vunerabilities" has no field named "pierce".

Has pierce (and crush?) vulnerability been removed from the game or is this an error?

I'm also getting this exact error as well.

• Jeff HBS

Jeff HBS (Administrator)

Hello everyone! There have been some changes to vulnerabilities, and they are as follows:
    optional VulnerabilityLevel bleed = 13 (originally was pierce)
    optional VulnerabilityLevel actionpoints = 14 (originally was crush)
    optional VulnerabilityLevel moverange = 15 (originally was explode)
    optional VulnerabilityLevel disarm = 16 (originally was energy)
    optional VulnerabilityLevel poison = 17 (has not changed)
    optional VulnerabilityLevel shock = 18 (originally was electric)
    optional VulnerabilityLevel drain = 19 (has not changed)
    optional VulnerabilityLevel mental = 20 (originally was direct)

Hope that this clears up the issues that you may be experiencing in the Beta!

• Jeff HBS

Jeff HBS (Administrator)

Good news everyone! The next patch Beta 1.2.0: Release Candidate 5 has just gone live! Please ensure that you have the most up to date version and continue testing!

• snowfall (Member)

Not sure if you're debugging on UGC as well, but the 1.2 beta may be causing some issues for a couple of popular ones.

Stitch in Time PC is getting replaced by hirelings when transitioning to a new scene http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173478729

Nightmare Harvest Weird map pathing blocking key parts of a room. http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/205626014/648814841976406408/#p3

• Verun

Verun (Member)

So, how far are you with the beta of the patch? Any news? Is it save enough to use in the main campaign when starting form scratch?

• AncientManBeast (Member)

Quote from Bivoj:

It seems, that the issue with drones is solved now. At least in Royale Appartements - Paco is present. I cannot verify Beneath the Brotherhood, because another bug occured:

when letting my team into the kitchen in Universal Brotherhood (opening the door there), they are stucked outside, not following me and after entering Beneath the Brotherhood, I am wthout the team. Strange is, that the security camera in the enterence to Inner Circle is asking me, who are the people with me (but nobody is following me at the moment).

The same exact thing is happening to me, they just stand in the alley and the security camera thinks the're with me. Transitioning to the next zone does nothing, the're still gone. Also in the beginning of the level the secretary does't leave when i tell her about the concert.

• Max2k (Member)

Can i run beta 1.2.0 on russian? I would like to have the ability to save anywhere. In the old version, it is not possible.

• Bivoj (Member)

Quote from AncientManBeast:

Quote from Bivoj:

The same exact thing is happening to me, they just stand in the alley and the security camera thinks the're with me. Transitioning to the next zone does nothing, the're still gone. Also in the beginning of the level the secretary does't leave when i tell her about the concert.

I tried it again today after the patch and the secretary is now leaving its place (it used to stay next to the desk in my previous play) when I tell her about the concert, but the team is still standing in the alley, not following me regardless of which way down I use (I finally found out how to open the secret door in the kitchen - funny is, that the game does not let you open the door unless you let the team in, but they do not follow you downstairs).

• Clockwork_Bard (Member)

Quote from Bivoj:

I tried it again today after the patch and the secretary is now leaving its place (it used to stay next to the desk in my previous play) when I tell her about the concert, but the team is still standing in the alley, not following me regardless of which way down I use (I finally found out how to open the secret door in the kitchen - funny is, that the game does not let you open the door unless you let the team in, but they do not follow you downstairs).

In another thread, we came to the conclusion that the new save feature is probably what causes the team to not follow you into the UB compound. Completing the area without using it seems to fix it. http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/37457/team-doesnt-follow-me-in-brotherhood

• DarknessMuta

DarknessMuta (Member)

1.2.0 seems to have introduced a new bug, the Debug Toggle Zoom Constraint is no longer working. To unlock zoom levels you used to be able to hit "Ctrl + Alt + ~" to unlock debug mode. Then hit "Ctrl + X". Then "Ctrl + Alt + ~" to disable debug UI again and this would allow you to zoom in even further then the game defaults but with 1.2 and Dragonfall, this option does not seem to work anymore and the Wiki still lists the old info

https://shadowrun-returns.wikispaces.com/Keyboard+Controls

so I am wondering if a Dev or someone might be able to post what the new keyboard commands are as I used to like having the camera zoomed in pretty close to the characters to see more of their details and would love to be able to do that with Dragonfall. Here is an image of what was possible with the zoom constraint turned off before.

http://i.imgur.com/X9g5Aqc.jpg