My party is stuck between the matrix and the real world

• Monsta (Member)

score: 0

Well, it was the mission when you should enter the matrix with Johnny Clean or whatever his name is, and collect some data about the man named Silas. I've completed the level, got all the data, killed all the enemies, and the game finally let me to roam in real-time mode. I moved my character to the exit, and he exited the matrix.

Guess what. Johnny was still in the matrix with no way to get him out of there. I can't switch to him. I can't re-enter the matrix with my character - clicking on the icons does nothing. I can move around the safehouse, talk to people, access my stash. But I can't exit the safehouse - there's no icon at the door to let me out. Even the mission objective hasn't changed.

I'm stuck. And thanks to your autosave system, the last save was 40 minutes ago. I had to exit the game. Now if I load it again, I'll have to get through these boring battles in the matrix again, and no one can guarantee the bug won't happen again.

I'm using Linux version 1.1.0, if that matters.

• John HBS

John HBS (Administrator)

Hello Monsta,

Couple of quick questions to help us narrow down a potential cause for this issue:

Which distribution of Linux are you using, (and version # please)?

If you have the debug menu open, (F1 key) are you seeing any red error text?

If you send an email to info@hbs-studios.com with the subject "Linux 1.1 Matrix error" with the following 2 files, we might be able to bettter diagnose the cause of this.

output.txt, found in /home/hbs/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Shadowrun Returns

Player.log file in /home/.config/unity3d/harebrained schemes/shadowrun

Thanks,

John

• Kanada10

Kanada10 (Member)

Quote from Monsta:

...and no one can guarantee the bug won't happen again.

Sure you can. Don't have the main character jack in. Just tell them you're not a decker or whatever, and you'll just play as Johnny. Then no one can get stuck. There's no extra karma for going, and you found the battles too easy with two anyway... If you haven't, already, you can switch the difficulty up from the main menu to "Extra Hard". (It won't take 40 minutes the second time through, either.)

• Monsta (Member)

As I was replaying the mission, I thought - why not let Johnny out first? That's what I did. The bug didn't happen. As Johnny exited the matrix, the focus shifted to my character (as it should), allowing me to move him out as well.

Or maybe it's just my luck and nothing really depends on the order. I don't know.

• egramond (Member)

I've had the same thing happen to me on windows.

I found the following error in the debug console: AssetBundlemanager+c__Iterator15.MoveNext []

• someperson (Member)

I'm had similar problems with this mission, using linux mint olivia 15 64bit.

Here's a video: http://youtu.be/6ZkVgS-1-bM

This was with the DRM free build which according to the timestamp I dowloaded on the 31/10/2013 (could be misleading). Downloaded the latest version today (17/11/2013) and managed to get past that bit.

Now I'm still having more issues though, specifically the computer terminals are there with the USB ish jack in icon, but there is no clickable target (I do have a deck and all the appropriate gear). Sometimes by playing around moving my character I can get it to appear but usually not. I will send an email about that second bug with the logs to info@hbs-studios.com (unfortunately I don't have the logs to the first problem).

• Lrdtalon (Member)

I am havimg the same problem on ios 7.0.4 with an ipad mini with retina. Finish killing everything snd cant get out of the matrix.

• shekem (Member)

Same problem here. But with another mission. The one, where Baron sent me in corp building. On the top floor I was trying to block elevators, but stuck in fighting with enemy deckers. After few turns, I was supposed to get back to the real world's fight, but... well, let's just say, my teammate dwarf suddenly RAN into the matrix, when I clicked on "matrix" ground. I'm using Win7 x64. game version is something like 1.1.1. Not sure, tho. And there was no red text in debug menu.

• taltamir

taltamir (Member)

Hit F1

Click the CMD button to open the command console

Type "endturn" and press enter

Every time you type endturn you will get about 5 seconds of matrix control before it switches back to rest of party (don't worry if they ran about randomly, its harmless). Once you get out of the matrix all will be fine.

You do not actually have to run all the way back, you can force eject with the button at bottom left of the screen, it hits you for -5AP stun which goes away after a couple of rounds. (rounds pass as you wait in real time while outside of combat mode)