Custom Music, Sound Effects, and Voice Over

themichaelplaster ( Member )

score: 10

edited September 2013

I couldn't find this topic in another discussion so please forgive if it's out of place.

I would enjoy the option to include custom voice acting, sound effects, and music. For those players who wish to not hear the custom voice acting, I would recommend a option box to only have text.

The campaign I'm working on would greatly increase in value if I had the option to add these components. Until that time, I feel dead in the water as a modder/GM.

Devs, is there a ballpark schedule for when this option will arise?

• Cutlass

Cutlass ( Member )

edited September 2013

HBS have said they will not work to implement this, although some modders have done quite a lot of research on the subject there is no breaktrough yet. It seems abandoned at this point which is a shame. See: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/864974467561295102/?appid=234650#p7

• FilthyJack ( Member )

Not abandonned, thanks to Zetor's work, I've been able to take it even further:

I have made a tool that will allow you to replace any track from the 61 available in Dragonfall DC, it also works as a UGC soundtracks manager/installer to switch between different UGC soundtracks or restore the original.

Just click a button and that's it, you can launch the UGC with a completely new music list.

Dowload: http://www.lotusrevenge.fr/PublicProjects/ShadowrunSoundtrackManager-1-0.zip

Also available at nexusmods.

Have fun.

• Phinx

Phinx ( Member )

edited October 2014

Can't wait to try this out.

• FilthyJack ( Member )

I hope it's working fine, I'll be able to provide a more complete one soon, which should work with every version of the game. Cheers.

• Phinx

Phinx ( Member )

I've tested it and it seems to be adding tracks instead of replacing. As after I click on replace track, I install the new sountrack which if extracted by oggextract shows more tracks than the standard 62.

• FilthyJack ( Member )

edited November 2014

You are totally right, the tracks you provide will be 'appended' to the existing resource file 'resources.assets.resS' resulting in apparently new tracks, but this is only meant to make it easier to replace. (also for future experiments on adding completely new tracks)

Every file inside 'resources.assets.resS' is referenced in 'resources.assets' by its position+length. So if you append files, the other tracks will keep their reference and you only have to modify the one you want so that it points to the end.

If you replace 'Seattle-Set5-Legwork', it will simply tell the engine to look for that track at another position in the resource file.

It shouldn't matter to the modder, because you only need to provide your ogg files and the tool, it will then make you tracks available. Oggextract isn't required either, and yes 62 tracks ^^ (61 with zero index)

Btw you can have a look at the .tracks file produced inside 'CustomSoundtracks' directory, it contains a list of ogg files and what they're supposed to replace, this is also your soundtrack installer script.

Good luck for your project (if you have one) :)