Shotgun + overwatch = 360 degree spray?

• sotanaht (Member)

score: 0

Apparently when I put someone with a shotgun on overwatch and they fire the spray hits literally everyone in the room (standard chance to miss) even those behind the shotgunner. It also looks pretty ridiculous because you can clearly see the circle of pellets targeting each individual. I'm not entirely sure this happens every time, I only really noticed it in one ot the later missions and with how much damage it does to my guys I didn't exactly extensively test it.

• OSUNightfall (Member)

I should chime in that there's a similar bug with the SMG spray skill. I'm not sure what triggers it, but twice now I've had that ability target every entity in the combat. Luckily, this skill is so terrible even for its intended use I'm not sure it hit anything.

• sotanaht (Member)

Unfortunately the shotgun version isn't so terrible. I have the bad luck of managing to crit my own characters with it repeatedly. Hitting someone who shouldn't be anywhere near the line of fire for 40 damage is NOT cool.

• philipri (Member)

Yep - I think I am seeing the same bug. Overwatch + Shotgun on Spray seems to be the repro. Just wiped me out on Telstrian Office level. At first I thought it was some kind of bomb on the trolls I was shooting (causing them to blow up on death).

Very annoying bug.