Reddit's Bug Compilation (obviously Spoilers!)

• Christoph Wagner

Christoph Wagner (Member)

score: 1

Cyberware

Wired Reflexes Wired Reflexes has a particularly annoying bug. It allows you to dodge the next incoming attack. Unfortunately it dodges everything. If a team member tries to heal or buff you, it is dodged. At first I thought this might be intended and cast buffs before activating Wired Reflexes. Then I used a Med Kit on myself and I dodged healing myself. Very aggravating, especially since I don't know any way to end the effect early.

Cyberware replacement at low essence If you are at 2 essence, you can't replace Legs with Alpha grade legs even though you'd still be at the same essence.

Combat

Enemy speech interrupts movement You move into a room into cover. Before you reach the cover, the enemy gets a speech sequence. This interrupts your movement and you stand where ever you stand (usually 1 field away from the cover) and not where you wanted to move to. You still use up your AP you wanted to use to get into cover.

User Interface

Summoning messes up UI If a party member dies and then you summon a spirit the party portrait UI messes up and starts stacking portraits on top of one another. Happened when I had a party of 4 on the last mission. Windows 7 64bit. Steam Version

ESP showing up in the wrong place ESPs show up in your inventory instead of your stash until you use them once in the matrix. When you go into your stash to move inventory around, any slot in your inventory that had the ESP in it will show blank. You can fill the slot here, but when you leave the ESP is all you will see and you cannot use the item you moved there. Once you use the ESP in the matrix it will stay in your stash.

Dual Monitors The camera doesn't always work correctly when using dual monitors.

UI lock-up after summoning a creature which died the same turn it was summoned. I was in the hidden research lab side mission, in the room where one encounters a mage warning that he's got a horde of basilisks. My shaman summoned a creature, clicking the entity in the room. As soon as it spawns, my camera shifts to the creature, which highlights, but before I can do anything the mage's fellas gun it down from overwatch and it dies. I couldn't continue or end my turn after that. I believe the portraits of my runners, top right, disappeared. In any event I couldn't click or tab between them. Tried ending turn through debug mode, didn't work. Had to restart the map.

UI disappears after Matrix mission In the matrix, the second time you enter it in the first matrix mission (Emeral City Ripper medical data quest). if you kill all enemies you switch to free-running mode but have no HUD anymore where you can select exit. I then thought ok run back to the beginning, but i noticed I blocked one side of one of those portals with 2 ESP's, so i couldn't get over to the other side and thus wasn't able to exit as, when you are in no-danger free running mode, you cannot select any team members.

Technical

Sound problems When I exit the game, my sound goes crazy and my computer buzzes at me until I restart my computer. (Confirmed by one other person)

Free running

Party-member skills only available during combat Not being able to use some skills that your party have. Door needs 5 decking to open, main character isn't a decker but we have a decker in a party with 5. Option is grayed out and i cant press it even with decker selected. Whats the point in bringing them on a mission?

Skill Sheet

Wrong stats showing Have cyberware arm or body (the improved version, which gives +2 armor) and wearing a lategame outfit that gives +10 armor. Character sheet only shows that i have 10 armor.

Weapons

Skills not available Using the FN HAR rifle. I have unlocked Dead-eye and Double-Tap in the rifle skill trees and neither skill shows up in my combat options. Maybe they just don't work with this gun but in that case there should be a warning the way there is with pistols.

Drones

Med-Bot targeting limitations I took a Rigger hire out with me. He had the med-bot that shoots an AoE heal-mortar of some kind. However, the thing can only target enemies. This could be by design but it seems pretty terrible to only be able to target enemies (which allows a 1 square heal radius around that enemy I guess).-

Drones missing AP There are times in combat where my drones won't have their 4 ap and instead have 2 like the ap bonus isn't being applied. Though if I go to my karma screen thing and click confirm it will usually right itself.

Mission specific

Gino, BTL Lab The mission where you rescue Gino, when I first completed it, after saving the chipheads and killing the baddies, Gino disappeared when my party tried to teleport to him. Clicked around for a while and there was no way to leave the mission so I had to reset.

Gems disappearing After getting the gems from the Coyote quest, if you talk to the fence (Van Graaf or something) and decide that you don't want to sell them yet, the gems get removed from your inventory at some point (probably when you leave the Union) and you can't sell them anymore. Confirmed by one other user.

Quest with Mr. Clean and Baron Samedi not triggering properly. If you click exit when you get the item distribution screen before Clean jacks into the Matrix (which happens if you are no Decker yourself), Mr Clean will follow you around, having the quest sign on him. You can't talk to him to trigger the quest again. If you now hire runners, Clean won't show up on the runner screen. Going on a run will still have him follow you with no items besides his deck, circumventing the runner limit. After you finish the run the Clean quest resets completely and you can start it again.

Early AP unlock before Ripper fight For some reason, just before I entered the Ermerald City Ripper bossfight, I unlocked my third AP. That should have, based upon prior experience and what I've read, unlocked after this current quest was finished.

Sam's Body At the alley where Sam was killed, you can block the cop's path as he moves to get out of your way if you initiate a conversation in the wrong spot. If you do this, you won't be able to get into the alley and you will have to replay the level.

Boss Fight I had to quite in the middle of a mission while working my way through the hive. The enemy bug couldn't see me around the corner so it refused to take it's turn. The detail is, I was in the middle of a battle, the two bugs physical bodies just died. One came back in spirit form and attacked, the other came back and just sat there. It looked like it was around the corner just enough to block it's view of me. My guess? The raised bug didn't know I was there, and couldn't act against me when it's turn came. (1.0.1 patch)

Editor

Keyboard lock-up Editor problem - Windows 7 64-bit. Steam Version. While typing into the "Assets" search box, the keyboard will no longer be able to input after just a few minutes of use. Have tabbed out to other programs and the keyboard works fine. If you are running the editor on Windows 7 64 bit and you type search queries into the Assets search box eventually your keyboard will stop working. Usually happens within the first 15-20 minutes of use. (2 people)

Hired Runners

Giving items to hired runners leaves you with no way to get them back If you hand out items to hired or free runners, there is no way to get them back after the mission, they won't stay in the inventory and there is no warning about this happening.

• Christoph Wagner

Christoph Wagner (Member)

Posting this as a comment as I was out of characters for the post ;)

We gathered some bugs on Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/shadowrunreturns/comments/1j4rij/rsrrs_list_of_bugs_spoilers/) and I tried to order and reformat them, in some cases re-writing the reports a bit to make them clearer. If anyone from HBS needs some more details for a bug, just post here and I'll contact the Redditor or otherwise you can go to Reddit and contact them there directly :)

I hope this helps with fixes as I absolutely love SRR :)

• Rawrlok (Member)

score: 0

Add typo in Mission details on loading for "Towards Brotherhood" the sentence is as follows "Though the windows, you can see activity within...." Though is supposed to be the word Through.

• xxswatelitexx (Member)

That keyboard lockup is a big headache. Happens to me 50 - 60% of the time.

I found one more bug. When testing a editor made map. Then not quitting the map, before testing again. Has a chance of corrupting the imported character.

• Balfuset790

Balfuset790 (Member)

Quote from Christoph Wagner:

Drones

Med-Bot targeting limitations I took a Rigger hire out with me. He had the med-bot that shoots an AoE heal-mortar of some kind. However, the thing can only target enemies. This could be by design but it seems pretty terrible to only be able to target enemies (which allows a 1 square heal radius around that enemy I guess).-

This isn't actually a bug, the description of the drone's mortar is actually just meant to be a joke. :D How it 'heals targets (with cleansing shrapnel!)'. The Medical drone has medkits in its inventory and the mortar is just a nice AoE support weapon as an added bonus.

• seraphimpunk (Member)

Double tap says it's two shots, one action. But it's actually two shots, two actions .

• decado (Member)

Pistol Disarm unlocked at level 8 for me instead of level 9.

• xxswatelitexx (Member)

There is another bug with the Editor. If you change a value - all the instances of the value change. Except the instance located in the properties manager. For some reason any instance linked in the property manager will just result in an error. So you have to manually check and change that.

Example I create Variable Bob. And link Door pre-requisite to be interactible to bob = true. I also say when Player interacts with switch then bob = 1.

If I change the name of Variable bob to tony. It will update the link in the triggers to tony.

But the Properties manager instead will only show an Error.

• AveryCloseCall

AveryCloseCall (Member)

Here are some more I pulled together:

-The interface for hiring runners. Their stats page is messed up. Try looking at the essence score on a heavily cybered runner -- always 6. Armor always 0. -Hired runners: If you give them equipment from your stash for a run, you never get it back -- you can't give them consumables you pick up while on a run -.I've had the security guns recognize a passkey, then suddenly the game things I don't have two admin keycards and just open fire -You can't read some longer descriptions... ever -Scrolling is very slow, for me anyway. -If you're not wearing armour (i.e. sold it) then you can never equip armour again -Some Assault Rifle skills never show up in the combat UX, so you can't use them -Many weapon attacks say "in one action" but take 2 AP -I got a datajack but never got the ability to Mark Target, only one one of my saves... it worked on the same character in other saves -Scripted activity causing some security folks to run into a room dismissed a spirit my shaman was controlling. Most levels you might only find one place to summon a spirit, or have to use a 1,000 nuyen consumable, and they are already hard enough to keep around. I get death (and certain spells) causing spirits to disappear, but guards opening a door? -During the final mission, some insects refused to spawn and burst through the walls, requiring a reload to start the mission over.

Also: undocumented mechanics/effects: -I spent a long time wishing there was a way to sell gear before finally seeing a button that allowed me to do so. -What do ley-lines actually do in the game, other than make you sparkle. Do the sizes of the arcane symbols noting ley-lines mean anything? -How about smartlink? What does it do? -I have some "silence" spells. I've yet to see them do anything. Silence where you are standing so you shoot quietly? You still set off an alarm. Silence where the guard is standing? He still shouts.

• Tomcat

Tomcat (Member)

Noticed something when playing my shaman today:

I conjured a spirit from one of those places within a room. After a few turns it went free and uncontrollable. The next turn I conjured a second spirit from the same spot. The second spirtit didn't get the one AP they usually start with after being summoned and for the rest of that part of the run I wasn't able to click it to give it any commands. It's icon still showed up right beside that of my Shaman, but it couldn't be clicked and neither came the option up automatically to give it AP as it usually happens when the shaman has done his actions. As I couldn't click it, I wasn't able to dismiss it either..

• Korron (Member)

I can't post in the tech corner for some reason, and I'm not sure if HBS has even mentioned a place to post bugs so I'll just post this here. I lost all my pistol abilities except aim on the final mission after buying the best pistol and upgrading to the new tier/ability after double tap (can't remember the name).

• nithon (Member)

Quote from Tomcat:

I conjured a spirit from one of those places within a room. After a few turns it went free and uncontrollable. The next turn I conjured a second spirit from the same spot. The second spirtit didn't get the one AP they usually start with after being summoned and for the rest of that part of the run I wasn't able to click it to give it any commands. It's icon still showed up right beside that of my Shaman, but it couldn't be clicked and neither came the option up automatically to give it AP as it usually happens when the shaman has done his actions. As I couldn't click it, I wasn't able to dismiss it either..

Yeah same happend to me and the worst part is you cant summon a new spirit :(

Regarding Keyboard Lockup in the Editor:

If it happens drag an asset in the map. Dont ask why but it would sometimes help for me. o.O

• SheridanHBS

SheridanHBS (HBS Dev)

Wired Reflexes - fixed 1.0.2

Enemy speech interrupts movement - design decision i think. You could get into weird behavior if you ran while a conversation was goin, or after an enemy runs into place.

UI - i dont have much info, best to put it through the proper bug channels

Cyberware replacement at low essence - UI Bug

Sound problems - should be fixed when we switch to next Unity version.

Drones missing AP - fixed 1.0.2

Party-member skills only available during combat - ya this isn't great, but i think design decision, or rather, it would be a feature add to change your leader.

Keyboard lock-up - ya, i have seen it too, I dont understand what causes it. For me I just push play and then it kinda fixes itself? We'll investigate if we have a more concrete idea of what's goin on.

Giving items to hired runners - this kinda sucks too but it sounds more like a feature add again, i am not sure our HBS response.

Missions, I pointed a designer at this list, I can't weigh in specifically.

• Dragon

Dragon (Member)

score: 3

Quote from nithon:

Quote from Tomcat:

Yeah same happend to me and the worst part is you cant summon a new spirit :(

Regarding Keyboard Lockup in the Editor:

If it happens drag an asset in the map. Dont ask why but it would sometimes help for me. o.O

In the final mission there is a spot to summon a blood spirit, but everytime I do it does exactly what your second spirit did. It takes up room, sits there, sometimes launches an attack or two, but never moves.

I find that it is almost impossible at times to move in front of other party characters, instead the ui opting to attempt to switch control to that character.

Also, in the q & a wired reflexes was stated to give +1 ap, but in game it states that it gives +1 movement, was that an intentional change?

• SheridanHBS

SheridanHBS (HBS Dev)

summoned spirit that never moves was fixed in 1.0.2, if you still see it, take screen cap plz.

• Dragon

Dragon (Member)

score: 3

Also there is an infinite nuyen bug where you can drag an item into your stash, and then drag from the empty box where the item was in your inventory and it will create a uplicate. Not sure if that was what was ment by item managing fix or not.

• JediMB (Member)

Quote from SheridanHBS:

Enemy speech interrupts movement - design decision i think. You could get into weird behavior if you ran while a conversation was goin, or after an enemy runs into place.

Perhaps the best compromise here would be to let conversation events like these refill the group's AP?

• Tomcat

Tomcat (Member)

Quote from SheridanHBS:

summoned spirit that never moves was fixed in 1.0.2, if you still see it, take screen cap plz.

Sorry, but I forgot to take a screen cap, but my problem with the SECOND spirit conjured, after the first went free persists. Just had it with an NPC Shaman in the final mission. Conjured a spirit from the spawnpoint in the cave.. it fought bravely for four turns, then decided to go free. The spawnpoint showed the option to call up another spirit, which I did. The first - now free - spirit still was able to fight. It attacked a bug that was close by and later even my character, when she got close enough. The second spirit didn't do nothing on it's first turn - seems it had no AP - and afterwards it did not offer the opportunity to assign AP to it, so it wasn't possible to do anything with it.

Next time something like this happens I'll try to kill the free spirit before conjuring another - but that would only be a workaround, not a real solution.

• Googleshng (Member)

Quote from SheridanHBS:

Multiple summoned spirits are still quite buggy as of today. The ability to summon 2 from the same source only seems to work if the first has broken free and is still on the map, and any time there's a free spirit, summoning another seems to bring it in with turns permanently being skipped.

• Avalynne (Member)

I haven't seen it posted yet, but you can use medkits on drones out of combat in the new patch. During combat, you can't, but after wards, yes.