Character Sheets

• Stormageddon (Member)

score: 0

I was wondering if there are any form fillable pdf character sheets available for 5th edition yet? Same goes with any google doc sheets ect....

• SquireNed (Member)

Here is my form fillable character sheet for Shadowrun Fifth edition, based off of Catalyst's character sheet.

http://blog.homoeoteleuton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/KylesFormFillableSR5Sheet.pdf

• Stormageddon (Member)

Thanks that is what I am looking for good job on making it.

What are the check marks in the health/stun bars supposed to represent? are they supposed to be used while playing to denote wounds? if so how do you mark off the boxes you don't have? If they are supposed to mark off the boxes you don't have wouldn't an X or something be better suited for it then a check mark?

• SquireNed (Member)

I'm not sure exactly what the goal is on the character sheets as written. Traditionally, I fill up the Edge with remaining edge points, and mark up the condition monitors as characters take damage. As far as the icon, I'm not sure that PDF checkmarks support an X; they support a "cross", but it's up to the individual reader program to support the icons. Mine renders "cross" as a check mark as well as the normal "check" check mark fields.

• Opti

Opti (Member)

Thank you, Squirend!

• SquireNed (Member)

I'm contemplating making a version with a calculator function built in, but it'd have to wait until Monday, since it'd be a lot of work to do (and, because I was brilliant, all my text fields are named "Copy of Text 3 (###)" and I have to find which one is which to make it calculate), but it'd bring the front-page character/player/notes fields to the corresponding fields on the back page and automatically calculate limits and such, with a manual override field to assign additional changes (i.e. from cyberware).

EDIT: I'm not that smart; it's not possible to bring text from one field to another in Scribus except maybe through JavaScript, which you don't want to see me deal with-that said, V2 will calculate limits and such regardless, though I'll have to use a small bit of JavaScript for my calculations. There's an example on the Scribus wiki that I can work from pretty easily as a (mostly) non-coder. If anyone wants to join in and do a little testing, drop me a line; I've got schoolwork today and tomorrow, but I hope to have the first "somewhat ready" version finished up by Sunday.

EDIT 2: Been reading up on how to do what I want to do. Still haven't started on the execution, but I'm looking at an example that should have everything I need without requiring any user interaction other than just filling in the fields.

EDIT 3: Good news! I've got my math working in trial, so now it's just a matter of going in and filling out everything. V2 will have automatic calculations according to the in-book rules; V3 will add in a "houserule" option. Showing dice values, however, is going to be a mite tricky; as is I don't have any way to space them out, so I'm just going to have two fields for each (it should be obvious; nobody's rolling 8 dice with a +1 Initiative).

• SquireNed (Member)

V2 is out; it's got some features that I was going to put in V3 (houseruling stuff, namely, since I realized that you need most of that for some augmentations and adept powers). You can grab it here: http://blog.homoeoteleuton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ShadowrunFormFillableCS2.pdf

I also recreated Silver from the core rulebook: http://blog.homoeoteleuton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Silver.pdf

As you can see, I change how some of the things from the core rulebook's handling of the character sheet, because I think they work better in the form-fillable format this way. V3 will include some of them again (like the carrying capacity and lifting capacity things).

The new V3 will include an extra page to find certain things; basically if anyone's used Chummer it'll be like that but manual. Ideas for what people want on the third page are welcome; it will have damage resistance dice for all armors (calculated using body+armor rating+bonuses) for sure. It is, as far as I can tell, impossible to actually make dynamic boxes (and if it is it's beyond my knowledge), so there won't be any "calculate body+modifier and leave it here" unless it's there already and manually added by me. After V3 I'll probably release the source files for people to make their own versions, since it should be solid at that point.

EDIT: Other features I want V3 to have; modified AGI/REA for armor accessories, including modified limits and other pools, working initiative calculation (when I'm not trying to fit my fields into the blanks as written, I'll have a separation between the dice and modifier), working run speed calculation, plus modifiers for both run and walk; a modified attribute calculator in general that will feed third-page stuff, and essentially all the data you need to know if you're already roughly aware of your character.

• SquireNed (Member)

V2.1 is out, with an additional spot for more spells and adept powers at the end of the sheet on the prototype third page. Get it here:

http://blog.homoeoteleuton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ShadowrunFormFillableCS21.pdf

• SquireNed (Member)

V2.2 is out; this one contains calculating initiative, and the text on the third page should look nicer.

http://blog.homoeoteleuton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ShadowrunFormFillableCS22.pdf

EDIT: Making the text searchable has been put on hold indefinitely.

• ShotgunShark (Member)

Oh btw forgot to post thanks for the effort!

• SquireNed (Member)

No problem. I hope to have 2.5 out tonight, with support for augmented attributes outside the core statblock (again, third-page stuff), as well as Initiation/Submersion on the character sheet (I may have given a massive number of blanks, but that's okay). I'm also contemplating shoving another Augmentations section in under where I've got the upcoming statblock, but to do so I'll need to work in Essence Calculations, which was going to be V3 stuff.

• SquireNed (Member)

2.5a is out! Get it here: http://blog.homoeoteleuton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ShadowrunFormFillableCS25a.pdf

Also, to stay up to date you can check out my site; I'll only be announcing major versions (basically, V3 is the remaining major version for now, though if I get enough feature requests I'll make future ones as well). Visit the 5th Edition Character Sheet page here: http://blog.homoeoteleuton.com/?page_id=983

• SquireNed (Member)

So I have some bad news:

Thanks to some emergency health issues in the family, I'm not really going to be able to keep updating the character sheet (literally, the problems occurred right at the end of a week-long sabbatical to clear my head and get ready for V3, and since I haven't really had time to give the sheet the attention it deserves).

But then I do have some (maybe) good news: I've released the source files, including the third page in .svg and .eps format for use in Inkscape/Scribus as a base for future development and the .sla files that handle the actual character sheet itself in Scribus, plus a 1000 word or so tutorial to help you make your own additions and changes.

Feel free to check it out below.

http://blog.homoeoteleuton.com/?page_id=1076

• Sangius

Sangius (Administrator)

score: 52

Sad to hear that. I hope things work out for you!