Release Date

• Dace (Member)

score: 0

Has there been an anouncment on the release date? I ask because the follow

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=92375#.UUWCsBMo7nh

Seems to indicate late May. They tend to be accurate on their preorders.

• Kodiak

Kodiak (Member)

The most definite thing I've seen from Catalyst was "spring" which could be late May. I know they will have a demo next week at PAX east and the QuickStart will be offered in the free rpg day in June. Other than that I've heard nada.

• McDougle

McDougle (Face)

score: 5770

"Late spring" it was iirc. I talked to Randall and he confirmed, that they were so good on schedule, that "late spring" is a better estimate than "summer". B-)

• Johnny_Memphis

Johnny_Memphis (Member)

score: 6

Which means the Beta Backers get their grubby hands on the editor in MID-Spring . . . which is next month (!!!!)

• LordTorgo

LordTorgo (Member)

score: 3

Quote from Johnny_Memphis:

Which means the Beta Backers get their grubby hands on the editor in MID-Spring . . . which is next month (!!!!)

my hands are not grubby

• Johnny_Memphis

Johnny_Memphis (Member)

Quote from LordTorgo:

my hands are not grubby

Mine are. I blame my twin infants.

• Dace (Member)

I'm just excited. I missed out on 4th, though I've been reading it to get caught up, and so I'm looking forward to 5th. I think I'll do the pre order from FRP as they've been very good with handling pre orders from other gaming lines.

Late spring is good for me :)

Beta backers?

• Johnny_Memphis

Johnny_Memphis (Member)

Quote from Dace:

Beta backers?

The Kickstarter backers that contributed enough to receive the level editor in advance of the primary release. There was originally some speculation of beta testing during the kickstarter. I kind of spoke out of that. It's probably not an accurate description. Disregard.

Level Editor Early Release Backers, maybe? LEER Backers. Hmm . . .

• Michael Chandra

Michael Chandra (Moderator)

score: 152

Johnny: This one is about the Tabletop. ^_^ Not Returns.

• AlphaDeadOne (Member)

score: 1

I really hope 5th is out in May. Was about to start a 4th edition but if it's only that far away I might as well hold off. Could be playing a campaign that I have in mind for over a year.

• Dace (Member)

I'm starting to think it won't be May based on some of the comments I've read in the demo threads.

• Bloodhound

Bloodhound (Member)

Everything I have been reading is indicating 5E will hit the printer by may and be ready fro mass distribution by early-mid June. My sources indicate that while they want to release it immediately they might wait a week or so to have a solid North American Launch. I haven't heard anything from my friend in Munich as to whats going on EU side

• Johnny_Memphis

Johnny_Memphis (Member)

Quote from Michael Chandra:

Johnny: This one is about the Tabletop. ^_^ Not Returns.

D'oh!

I blame the twins. :\">

• Dace (Member)

Quote from Bloodhound:

Everything I have been reading is indicating 5E will hit the printer by may and be ready fro mass distribution by early-mid June. My sources indicate that while they want to release it immediately they might wait a week or so to have a solid North American Launch. I haven't heard anything from my friend in Munich as to whats going on EU side

Thanks for the info. I pre ordered my copy already so I'll just have a pleasant surprise in the mail one day.

• Bloodhound

Bloodhound (Member)

Quote from Dace:

Quote from Bloodhound:

Thanks for the info. I pre ordered my copy already so I'll just have a pleasant surprise in the mail one day.

Null Sheen Omae

• Doc Belmont

Doc Belmont (Member)

I preordered a few for my store, and according to my distributor, Bloodhound is correct. June.

However, they claim Shadowrun: Crossfire ships in April, and we're 3/4 of the way through the month. I've been given faulty or "out of date" info before.

• zombietots

zombietots (Member)

score: 5

Where are you guys pre-ordering from?

• Shaidar

Shaidar (Member)

Places not available to the common man, places that sell to Gaming Stores.

• Dace (Member)

The link at the top post. Other online stores may be doing pre orders too. FRP did change the est release date status to June now.

• daeler (Member)

I am looking at origins events which is june 12-16th and they are doing all 5th ed games, so it should be out by june.

• ledeir

ledeir (Member)

Amazon lists it for preorder. http://www.amazon.com/Shadowrun-Fifth-Edition/dp/1936876515/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368205695&sr=8-1&keywords=shadowrun+5th+edition $60 dollars marked down to $40. May 22nd. Granted this is a third party vendor... So it would be great if we could get official word.

• Michael Chandra

Amazon is unreliable to the max according to Bull.

• ledeir

ledeir (Member)

Sadness, though not surprising. It was lacking a picture so it felt fairly shady... But still I was hoping!

• Michael Chandra

He didn't state June wouldn't be the case, by the way, but basically Amazon gets its intel from non-official sources.