Shadowrun Online and Shadowrun PnP

• SpiderWord

SpiderWord (Member)

score: 236

I am rather curious about one of the aspects that were described in the KickStarter Campaign. As far I get it SRO will be linked to the setting of the PnP Game. What we players will do will be reflected in the official setting (currently 74' and going on). How this will be done? There will be any limit to our infulence as players? What if we are able to do something unexpected that will screw up royally the whole official setting? Maybe you will plan plotlines whith possible different results? I'm very curious about it! Thanks for your time.

• primetide

primetide (CHP Dev)

score: 157

Well, we don't want to spoil too much, but there is a meta plot in SRO that will heavily influence the corporate world and also some other very well known parties in the SR setting. How exactly and what comes out of this will be determined by how you as the players act collectively.
    This will not be based on a single mission, rather a series of events and an ongoing tally of which corporation/faction gets supported or put down. In the end there will be a certain point at which we tally all the results of this struggle and the outcome will be directly transferred to the SR pen and paper campaign

• SpiderWord

SpiderWord (Member)

score: 236

Hey Prime! Thanks for the answer :)

• ledeir

ledeir (Member)

score: 1

That leads to the next question - What happens after that?
    You push the red button, tally the counts, and determine the result.
    Translating this to the PnP game is easy enough, its done through a 207# supplement.

But how does this impact SR:O?
    Will all the missions essentially reset? Will players who start after those events see things differently?
    If you track any sort of run history, will that be retconned to match?

Just curious.

• Sangius

Sangius (Administrator)

score: 52

Hm, I would imagine that there'd be one big update afterwards, introducing another metaplot. I doubt all characters would be reset - after all, bringing one mega down isn't really a metaplot you can reuse much since it's an one time PnP thing.

• primetide

primetide (CHP Dev)

score: 157

Well,
    first of all not all runs involve a direct attack on a company, so for new players those will still be usable. There will always be a kind of suspension of disbelief required from starting players and the "new campaign" content will be concentrated more on the higher levels of the game. But as mentioned, it isn't like a "You killed Renraku" ending. A former Mega will fight to come back, the end of the story will have repercussions which in turn may create new plots. Some critical mission may be disappearing or adapted (so while previously you stopped the contamination of a city by preventing the release of an air-born virus from a research facility the "adapted" mission will have you steal a virus recipe in that same facility) and new ones appear in the lower levels leading to the new plots.